ARES is the Amateur Radio Emergency Service organized by the ARRL. ARES members are licensed amateur radio operators that volunteer their time and equipment to help when normal communications fail or become inadequate. Any amateur radio operator can participate in ARES and ARRL membership is not required. ARES is organized at the county level and each county with an active ARES organization has an appointed Emergency Coordinator. Contact information for our Emergency Coordinators can be found on this website. If you don't see a listing for your county, contact your District Emergency Coordinator. You can find your district on the District Info page and find the contact information on the Senior Leadership page.
Please welcome Nick to the vacant position as EC for Tyler County. Thanks to Nick for taking on this important role in the northern reaches of South Texas.
Kirk Mahaney, N5WKM, has accepted the position as Emergency Coordinator for Jefferson County in District 9. Please welcome Kirk as he takes on this role.
Ruth Lewis, KE5MHU, has accepted the position as EC for Bexar County, replacing Erik Rabe, KD5YZU. We wish Erik the best of luck, and welcome Ruth on board as the new EC.
Tom Whiteside, our out-going Section Emergency Coordinator has been appointed as the Assistant Section Emergency Coordinator - Operations. He will be responsible for continuing to build our capabailities across the various Counties and Districts to respond to bigger events than one county. This will include leading the Rapid Response Teams. Thanks to Tom for taking on this effort.
- Frank Aguilar N5SSH appointed as EC for La Salle county
- James Griffin, Sr N5WNS appointed as EC for Kendall County
- Joe Bruno W5AUQ appointed EC Guadalupe County
- Steve Scott KB5RSV appointed EC for Gonzales county
- Erik Rabe, Sr. KD5YZU appointed EC for Bexar County
- Gene Petitt N5FHA appointed EC for Val Verde County
- Phil Courtney K7PGC appointed EC for Atascosa County
- John Wagner WA5VBP appointed EC for Victoria County
- David McGilbery K5DDM appointed as EC for Newton County
- Kevin Bolton W5KVN appointed EC for Robertson County in District 05
- Scott Serafin KF5JRC appointed EC for Leon County in District 5
- Mark Taylor N5MDT appointed EC Montgomery County effective February 1st
- Val Rose N8EXV appointed Assistant Section Emergency Coordinator - Civil Air Patrol
- Michael Invergo N4MUJ appointed EC for Bandera County in District 6
- Rodger Williams W5UOK appointed DEC for District 05
- Jerry Adelman KF5DDV appointed EC for Jackson County
- Joe Thompson W4CTH appointed EC for Guadalupe County
- South Texas ARES Training and Skills Development Initiative
- Jim Hester K5HTK appointed EC for Williamson County
- Grant Stuart W6PSA appointed EC for Hardin County
- Alex Dula KE5PWJ appointed EC for Edwards County in District 6
- Frank Gendusa KM5QT appointed EC
- Michael Bourne KB0VWG appointed EC for Willacy County in District 15
- George R. (Mack) McKinney WB2PCV appointed EC for Kerr County in District 6
- Rodger Williams W5UOK is appointed